So, as it’s Friday, and the end of my work week, I figured I’d round up some of the books I recently finished and love, some of the books I’ve started and some of the books I’m excited to start reading! 🙂
Books I’ve read this week:
1. The Entire Fallen Trilogy by Lauren Kate (Yes, I became addicted and couldn’t help it, you start with the first book in this series, and I promise you, it will snowball, and you’ll want to read them all, which I have, this week. Hence the lack of posting)
2. Entwined With You by Sylvia Day (Yes, I know, mainstream romance novel at it’s finest, but I honestly can’t help reading books that are on some best seller list, I always feel like if I don’t read them, I’ve never have anything to bring up in conversation.)
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I’m reading this along with one other book, Marked by P.C Cast & Kirsten Cast for my book club, I’ve previously read Marked and loved it and it’s series, but never read the The Help. I can honestly say I loved this book, and it kept me on the edge of my seat because you really pull for these characters)
Book’s I’ve Started and am in Love with!
1. Between Eden and The Open Road by Phillip Gaber – This book is great, I expected a novel, but what I got was an outstanding collection of prose and poetry, I’m more then 3/4 through this book, but I can honestly say the disaffecting tone in this poetry collection is refreshing and honest. I enjoy reading it because it feels truthful, gritty and real. It’s a great collection!
2. The Ashtray Volume 1 by Joan W Jones, Nicole Diver, Elizabeth Luna– This is a collection of short stories, firmly rooted in real life, and the things that you can experience in the bar scene and life in general in your college years and beyond. The voices of these authors are clear, beautiful and haunting. The book is outstandingly simple and complex at the same time, and the illustrations through the book really bring something extra to the table, I cannot wait to finish this book and give a full review, because I’m sure a lot of people will be eager to read this.
Book’s I’m excited to Start!
25 Perfect Days by Mark Tullis – This is a collection of poetry set in the distopian future, and mixing in religious and other things that have lead out civilization to where it currently resides in these poems. I’ve been waiting to finish my other poetry collection in order to start this one! So excited!
2. King Hall by Scarlett Dawn – This book looks amazing, and I’ve super exciting to have ARC in order to review it, because it it just up my alley. Supernatural, romance, vampires, shifters! It’s got everything a fantasy lover like myself could want in one book! 🙂